Dice on ilmoittanut blogissaan, että Battlefield 4:n massiivinen uusi päivitys on nyt julkaistu. Paljon säätöjä ja uudistuksia sisältävän päivityksen tarkan sisällön voi käydä lukemassa pelin viralliselta foorumilta.
Muutamia tärkeimpiä muutoksia voi tarkastella alla olevasta listasta:
• Player movement has been improved to more closely match that of Battlefield 3, while still maintaining the animation fidelity of Battlefield 4.
• The High Frequency Network Update has now been added to the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 and is set to default. This makes the server update the client on what is happening with greater frequency, resulting in a smoother, more "correct" player experience.
• Reduced visual recoil of guns. This includes all medium and close range sights (except iron sights, IRNV and FLIR).
• The BF4 "netcode" has seen several tweaks and is now the fastest in the franchise's history, counting client-to-client values. The delay is now lower than ever, and we're also looking to improve hit detection.
• By popular demand, the Fall Update introduces a new preset called "Classic Mode". Rules on these servers hone back to Battlefield 2/3 and are designed for skilled players looking for more of a challenge and seeking stricter rules.
For instance, you are able to spawn on only the squad leader in Classic Mode, increasing the challenge and need for greater tactical thinking as a squad leader.
In-Game UI streamlined
• We've also made several improvements and customization options to the Battlefield 4 HUD. The user interface is more intuitive than ever, and you can now tinker with settings to find a display that suits your needs on the Battlefield the best.
For instance, you can change settings for the in-world icons that are visible when aiming down the sights. Some players don't want to see their teammates in this view, and that is something you can toggle on and off. Furthermore: the size of the mini map can be increased by up to 250% and you can also change the transparency of icons to your liking.